Alpine Lovers

April 30, 2017

PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(69of133)
ROUGH RIDGE
Somewhere off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville NC, is Rough Ridge. It's about a mile hike to the top with some major view payoff. Ashley of Photography Anthology captured these gorgeous engagement shots for Jonathan and I a few weeks ago, and we couldn't be happier with the result. Jonathan and I met hiking. It's an activity that has played a central role in our relationship since day one. Jon proposed to me at the top of a cliff after a hike, so it was only fitting that we found such a place for Ashley to capture our love. 

We are five weeks out until the wedding, and I can hardly believe it. After over a year long engagement, the planning is finally coming together, and it's getting real. Girls, I seriously can't wait to marry this man. He is such a blessing in my life - he makes me laugh daily, and he's my best friend in the whole world. His heart for God moves me - he prays over me and encourages me. Everyday with him is a precious gift.

Without further ado, here is our engagement session! For some extra experience, you can listen to the clip below while you scroll ;). This is a song that really represents Jon and I's relationship for me. It's one that I listened to often when we first started dating.
PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(77of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(70of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(58of133)
PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(65of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(88of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(78of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(87of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(92of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(50of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(47of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(27of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(19of133) PhotographyAnthology-Alex+John(15of133)
lottie said...

These are beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off the first one. the light is so soft and smooth. this is one of my favorite photo shoots to look at, ever! beautiful, beautiful. (let's be honest: the music didn't hurt anything, either.)

Victoria Tiedemann said...

your photos of the two of you are always so pretty and sweet. That year of engagement was long and short all at once. Long engagements are annoying (I speak from experience).
+Victoria+

Anonymous said...

These are so stunning! I couldn't get over how beautiful they are. The love you two have for each other is so breathtaking, and shows so clearly in these photographs.

Rachel Emily

Moxie Vintage said...

Wow, how time has flown by! You are all grown up! You guys look amazing! I always knew you'd have a very special life! All the Best~
Diana and Lola

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.