1. Thrift Stores I'll talk about this one first because it is my absolute favorite! A thrift store is an excellent way to find great style that is affordable and fun. Plus your thrifted garment is one of a kind!
2. Only a Few Left This is among one of the more "risky" ways to find original styles, but it's sometimes worth a shot. When you are shopping at a more common retailer it is good to look for racks with only a few of a certain style. This could suggest that the garment was well loved by many buyers
( many could own one just like it) or it could mean the store only ordered a few of them, in which case you're in luck!
3. Make Your Own Is it a little tricky? Yes. But sometimes it is worth it to buckle down and make some of your own clothes. It will most definitely be original because it's the one and only of it's kind!
4. Garage Sales This one goes somewhat hand in hand with number 1. A garage sale is a wonderful option for original clothing. And of course very affordable! I recently found two dresses at a garage sale- a red sundress and a blue David's Bridal gown for 25 cents a piece! Can't beat that now can you?
5. Re-doing/re-purposing Old Things Some of my older followers may remember how I used to re-do things somewhat often. This would mean taking a garment and completely changing it ( removing sleeves or shortening it). This is a little easier than making your own clothes and very rewarding!